ACCESSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
Hughes Decorr is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. We believe in integration, and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and by meeting our accessibility requirements under Ontario’s accessibility laws.
This accessibility policy outlines the steps we are taking to meet those requirements and to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing accessible customer service to all customers. We will provide goods and services also to people with disabilities with the same high quality and timeliness as others.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
Assistive devices offered by Hughes Decorr:
- Magnifying glass- Provided at front reception desk. Available if person has vision loss to make prinUimages larger
- Telephone- Avenue of communication. For example, can be used if a person with disability cannot physically make it in to see you or to use The Bell Relay Service (phone# 1-800-855-0511)
- Email- Avenue of communication. For example, if a person has a vision disability you can increase the font size. Laptop- Available to a person with a disability upon request before meeting with you (may use it to help communicate with you if they have a disability).
- Whiteboard – Available to a person with disability upon request before meeting with you (may use it to help communicate with you if they have a disability)
Hughes Decorr Building Accessibility:
- Wheel chair accessible ramp outside reception doors
- Doorbell at outer front reception door to notify reception that a guest has arrived. Which if the guest has a disability reception will assist guest with entry into the building and inform Hughes employee that guest has arrived.
- Boardroom availability on ground floor.
- Washroom facility available at ground floor, behind supplier boardroom.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support person.
Hughes Decorr is committed to keep the recruitment, retention, and development of talent equitable and barrier-free including people with disabilities. Hughes Decorr will ensure that job applicants are notified when they are individually selected to participate in the assessment or selection process and that accommodation for disabilities are made available upon request. Hughes Decorr will consult with individuals who request accommodations and will provide for appropriate accommodations.
When presenting offers of employment, Hughes Decorr will notify the successful applicant of its policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities which include magnifying glass, telephone, email, laptop, whiteboard and building accessibility area, Hughes Decorr will notify customers promptly. There will also be a clearly posted notice and will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at the main reception entrance door.
Hughes Decorr will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- All management
- All administrative employees All Sales personnel
- All Shippers and Receivers
This training will be provided to existing staff and to new employees during their New Employee Orientation. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Hughes Decor’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use the magnifying glass, telephone, email, laptop, whiteboard, building accessibility area in that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Hughes Decorr’s goods and services Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Design of Public Spaces
Hughes Decorr will meet accessibility laws when building or making major changes to public spaces.
Customers who wish to provide feedback, including complaints, on the way Hughes Decorr provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail or verbally contact HR. HR contact information will be posted at the Visitor sign-in binder.
If a complaint is received: HR at Hughes will investigate the complaint and action will be taken accordingly. Further action may include re-vision of policy/procedures and retraining of employees. If required, the complaint will be brought to senior management for disposition. Customers can expect to hear back within 1O business days.
Customers who have difficulty in accessing our goods and services
Hughes Decorr is flexible and open to suggestions to create a good customer experience. We will begin by asking our customer how we can help them access our goods and services. Solutions will be developed in ways that take into account their disability.
Notice of availability
Hughes Decorr will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by posting a notice at the front reception desk as part of our Visitor Safety Policy. Modifications to this or other policies
Modifications to this or other policies
This document is available in the intranet shared folder and is publicly posted at our website. Any policy of Hughes Decorr that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Jason Berns, President
Date: Dec 29,2023